SDI Element Logic Careers
Technical Support Analyst
Location: Melbourne, FL
Work Schedule: In Office- Flexible
Provides first-level support to clients in the U.S. Accepts and logs all support calls, provides first-level research and resolution, and may refer to second-level support when higher skills are required to resolve the issue.
Roles & Responsibilities
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Visits to the field during first months
Spend time with the Customer Support Manager, to know the types of calls without answering the phone
calls at the beginning.
Check parameters, spot problems between site backups or database backups
After training completion:
Respond to customer support inquiries & update the ticket tracking system
Support by Telephone or out-of-town on-site support of software installation, and configuration, as well as
network and application software support.
Follow-up internally & externally
Qualifications & Requirements
- Years of relevant experience: 0 - 2 years
- Education: 4-Year Degree Computer Science, Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electrical
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Willingness to travel for up to 70% for first 2 years
- Willingness to work evening hours
- Troubleshooting techniques and procedures using Windows OS, Windows Terminal services, PC desktop
knowledge, networks, and PC (Windows domain) architecture
- Experience with MS SQL Server is desirable
- Some “hands-on” knowledge of electrical/electronic circuits, computer I/O modules and process concepts is highly
Winning Behaviors, Competencies, Skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. Highly efficient in reading and understanding
Excellent time-management skills to meet promised schedules and attention to detail are a must.
Strong work ethic and flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, as necessary
Capable of working on multi-faceted engineering design projects of any magnitude while requiring minimum
Team player and able to get along with co-workers
Read and understand shop/mechanical drawings.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Spend Time Making Repetitive Motions